Friday, August 26, 2011

wicked in london

BELFAST

After a hearty meal at Ate and Kuya's house in Belfast, we proceeded to the Belfast Airport for my 1130 flight to London Stansted via EasyJet. It's so sad to say goodbye especially since I really felt at home with them. Here's wishing that I could return soonest.

At the airport, I was charged 20GBP for my excess baggage (I'm not sure where it came from as Ate and I made sure last night that I don't go beyond the baggage limit). Anyways, I was prepared for that eventuality and has already prepared my money. But Ate and Kuya where just so generous that they paid my charges! God has given me really kind people for my elected family :)


STANSTED

The flight was uneventful but when we reached Stansted, it was really raining hard. That was probably why our baggages were long time in coming. At the arrivals area, I proceeded to the bus services and bought a ticket on TerraVision again (should have taken the National Express coz it seemed they load faster and there were guys to help you load your bags in the baggage compartment) for about 9GBP. As I was waiting in line, the rain didn't seem to let up and I was afraid that it would still be raining when I arrive in London.


LONDON

Upon entering the city of London, I recognized some of the places such as the Tower of London (came to see the back side of it), the Parliament and the Big Ben. Later, we would arrive at Victoria Coach Station and I had to walk all the way to the Victoria Train Station across the street to meet up with my friend, O, and his brother. I was planning to leave my bag at the lockers at the train station but my friend's brother was kind enough to take it home with him while O and I will go around the city before going to the gala showing of Wicked at the Victoria Theater (which was just beside the station).

It was drizzling a bit (then it rained hard while we were walking), so O and I had an early dinner at McDonald's (yeah, I know!), then took a bus ride around the city instead. We had a chance to visit Hasbro, though, to look at toys (I guess it was Hasbro) and to escape the rain for a while. In just a short time, we had to go back to Victoria so as to be on time for the musical.


WICKED!!!


Another Dream come true!!!!! Wicked the Musical was splendid. I'm so glad to be able to put pictures with the songs in my head now. Everything was just great. Thanks to O for the treat (wow!), it was truly spectacular.


MAIDSTONE

The train to Maidstone was 18GBP one way (probably almost the same price as going to Cambridge) and we arrived a little bit after 11:00 PM. Just so glad that the train station was just beside the theater so we didn't have to run to take the next train out of the city. We were picked up from the station by O's brother and sister so we didn't have trouble getting a ride back to their place.

The siblings' apartment was relatively big with two rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a family room. F was kind enough to lend me her room for the time that I'm there and it I really appreciate it, although I would not have minded sleeping on the couch (they have a lovely couch). We stayed up late catching up, me getting to know O's siblings as this was the first time that I've seen them, and planning tomorrow's itinerary. G was even able to prepare a late dinner for us at that time, amazing! :)

Sleep came late but I was glad to have a nice, warm bed again in a very welcoming home. I truly love my friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment