Monday, August 8, 2011

lost and a long walk

TA 21:00 Hotel am Sudring

From the Memmingen Station, I headed towards the direction of my hostel. However, after a long walk, I kind of felt that I'm getting nowhere because I couldn't see anything except closed shops and lonely pavements onwards. It was also getting dark and the cold wind had picked up. So I stopped when I saw a lady and asked for directions.

"Halo!"

Unfortunately, she doesn't speak English so we communicated by sign language. She doesn't know where Hotel am Sudring is but indicated that it may be towards the next stop light. She crossed her hands then motioned a blinking pattern (indicating stop light at the crossroad). When I arrived there, I turned to the right where there were a lot of houses that are lit and proceeded along the street that is supposedly where the hotel is. When I reached another intersection, I crossed the street and found a guy who fortunately speaks English and he was really helpful, even offering to help me with my luggage and then to accompany me to a nearby hotel to ask where mine was. But when we reached the nearest hotel, he became excited as he just saw the sign of my hotel. Apparently, it was just behind the nearest hotel. He brought me there and wished me a good trip and left for his jog.

"Danke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment