Sunday, August 28, 2011

the final day of my three-week long vacation

Today is my flight back home. It's unbelievable. This journey had been one of the greatest I've experienced and doing it all alone, meeting old friends and making new ones, truly make it amazing. Hopefully, one day, I get to do this again, perhaps in another continent.

My friends and I woke up early with G and O cooking breakfast and Fr making the car ready for us. I am thankful for these three wonderful siblings who made all things simple for me during this leg of my trip - free stay at their apartment, picking me up at Victoria, taking my luggage so I can easily go around London (and also so that I won't have to get a locker at the station), the Wicked play, the trip to Dover, the food (which were all amazing!), the talks, the most comfortable bed in this trip care of Fr (thank you so much for lending me your room), the hot showers, and oh! the walk on wheat fields while there's a downpour, and finally this - driving me to the airport when I have planned way before to just take the train at Victoria or Paddington to go to Heathrow. Guys, thank you so much!

At the airport, I easily checked-in at the Qatar Airlines counter with an excess baggage of about three kilos which the kind airline staff let me get away with -- and he even put me in an aisle seat all the way to Manila without asking, and with a very nice smile. Thank you!

While waiting for my flight, I got to go around Heathrow. It was entirely different from what I remembered, then I realized -- it was a different terminal from where we took off the last time I was here. I went around, bought my reg magnet, stamps and postcards to send to my parents and friends (found out later that not any of the cards I sent ever arrived! :( ). Having the free time also gave me the chance to finally get into the book I've brought with me. It was only then that I realized that the book I carried was really pretty hand and quite good! Thanks, Neil Gaiman.

I am almost home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment