Friday, December 2, 2016

New York, Here We Come!

remembering this day on 9/23/2017


After having a good night's rest, my sister, brother-in-law, and I took a Peter Pan bus from the Baltimore bus station to New York! This is a pretty exciting day because I'd finally see New York, one of the most famous places on Earth! And of course, because of the Broadway scene. Looking forward to see lots of famous sights and watching a play.

somewhere between Baltimore and New York

We are thankful for my brother-in-law's friend who offered her place at Queens for us to stay in so we don't have to pay for hotel rooms. The trip took us around three hours, with traffic going into the main town of New York. It was pretty exciting to finally be in the subway system and  trying to figure out how the ticket booths work so we can get buy our tickets and get on the train (LOL!). My miss home sister had been there a couple of times but it was just an experience figuring it all out on our own. It was easy, anyway.

at the subway! taking the train going to Queens

But guess what was the first thing we stopped at when we arrived there? LOL. Jollibee! It was just a couple of blocks from where we were staying so it was pretty convenient, and a taste of home for my sister and her husband who had been away from home more than a couple of months already. I thought though that the place would be as big as what we have back home but it was just small, but even though, the place was always full, with mostly Filipinos eating there. It was even nice to find out from some of them would drive for hours to this place just to have Jollibee, just because they miss home. The taste is the same but the chicken is bigger and the peach mango pie is always sold out.

Jollibee... Bida ang saya! =)

The weather is colder up here in New York, and if feels more cold because of the wind but since I won't experience this often, I'd say I love the weather! LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment