Saturday, December 3, 2016

Around New York

remembering this day on 9/23/2017

And my sister is a torturer! LOL. I feel like I've walked the whole New York today, my feet is killing me. But it was such a fun day, even if it was cold. Saw a lot of sights and my sister really prepared a long itinerary for us during our visit to this crazy, crowded, wonderful city. There were a lot to see: the New York Public Library (Sex and the City, right?!) and Philippine consulate while walking along 5th Ave towards the Top of the Rock, the Radio City with lines forming at the entrance, view of the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, and Central Park from the Top of the Rock, and so much more! It is overwhelming how big the place is (and how cold and windy it was there at the top! LOL). It was more enjoyable spending this time with family.

Empire State Building from Top of the Rock

Lunch was quick but the waiting was really long because the menu we wanted was not to be able yet until a certain time so we had to wait and wait. So I decided to go look for the Post Office while my sister and her husband stayed at our table (wow! first time to go on my own in New York City!). It was not hard finding the Post Office but it was sad because it was closed for the day and since there was still a bit of time for lunch, I wandered around the Rockefeller Center with its Christmas displays - a tourist even offered to take my picture but she took a selfie of herself first - I guess to remember her by? Hahaha. But she was so nice so I kept her picture. And there was the ice skating rink too with lots of people on it, and others watching them skate. The line to the Lego store was so long, it was disappointing not to be able to go inside. But over all, I think I love New York during Christmas! =)

Christmas is in the air at the Rockefeller Center

Ice skating is now on at the Rockefeller Center

Next on our agenda was walking the length of 5th Ave (I mean, as far as the Central Park) and we got to see the St. Patrick's Cathedral (so many people because there was a mass), Trump Building with all its security (even got into the bandwagon of having our pictures taken with the guys guarding the entrance! LOL), visit the Apple Store and saw the new Sphero BB8 controlled from an Apple watch, and the autumn foliage of Central Park. I think the nicest surprise there was the Alice in Wonderland section. I have never heard of it and it was a cool discovery. If only we had so much time, I would really like to have a picnic here.

St. Patrick's Cathedral along 5th Avenue

Louvre-like entrance at the New York Apple store

New York yellow cabs near Central Park

 One of the many fascinating views in Central Park

 Fascinating views in Central Park

A jump to fairy land with Alice in Central Park

On our way home, we decided to take a break from the cold at Bryant Park (it felt like Serendipity for me). It was a cool experience hanging out watching people go about their business, others skating, while we were enjoying a cup of hot cocoa in a park, in New York City. Truly, I'd like to come back here.


No comments:

Post a Comment