Sunday, September 15, 2013

7th Day

Today is turning out to be a very chaotic day for me.

I woke up early with only one thing on my mind: how is our city? I right away checked on our class' 24-hr chat room vigil for news, only to find out that nothing has changed. Everything is still going crazy. I felt helpless so I decided to go to Church earlier than my usual time. I just hope that God would forgive me because even when I was there, I couldn't help but think of what's happening back home. My prayers were just full of plea for the safety of my family and the ceasing of war. Yeah, the story of the merciful father and his prodigal son; the lost coin and the lost sheep. It just reminds me that each one of us is precious in the eyes of the Lord but I hope that whoever brought trouble to my hometown and its people will pay for their crimes.

Later in the day, my couch was picked up to be fixed, my tablet open on RMN's coverage of the war in Zamboanga, me following the conversation and updates of my high school friends on Facebook, and the TV turned on for the UAAP Cheer Dance Competition.

I am confused but I need to be on top of these things.

Watching the competition took my mind off the horrible things that has been happening to us this past few days. It would have been better though had UP won but NU really had a great performance so a big congratulations to them. They deserve it. Yeah, one reason to smile today.

*****

How sad to see in the reports that because of the fighting, only a few had gone to Church early this morning. Most were afraid to go out, especially in the early hour of the morning. The Cathedral had looked so bare. I have not seen it like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment