Friday, October 5, 2012

bag replacement

[temperature today: 5.7C-13C]

Arriving in Stavanger, I noticed that the back of my largest luggage got ripped. Upon closer inspection, the damage was so big that the back compartment is more than halfway off and the zipper of the bag was damaged - not the teeth but the whole moving thing. Fortunately, nothing was lost.

I don't know how it happened. Was there a bag inspection that I didn't know about, or was it just a negligent handling of my bag by the airline?

I immediately went to the airline counter and complained. They checked my bag, said it was really damage (obviously) and that they'd give me a damage report which I can show to any bag shops in town so it can be replaced.

It's been three weeks since I've arrived and I've already found a shop that is willing to look at my bag and maybe, replace it. Maria and I went to Morris and as damaged as my bag was, they replaced it. However, the assessment of my bag was lower than the price of the actual bag (even on sale). They said that in cases like that, one has to pay the difference.

Oh, well! Now I have my bag and I'm happy about it. It's my first time to experience this inconvenience but I'm glad it happened. Now I know what to do if it happens again to me in the future, and I can tell my traveling friends the same so they'd know what to do.

End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment