Sunday, July 28, 2013

kl - first impression

If it's true what they say about the airport being a reflection of a country, or a city, then I'd say I like Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I like the idea of putting up a semi-forest within the airport even though the airport has a modernist feel to it. Then the roads leading to KLCC is so much better than in the Philippines. I wonder how my country cannot do this when they can afford to give senators and congresspeople 10B for "development" projects.

The next surprise was our hotel. Well, the guys up the management did not book a hotel for us - they booked an apartment. It's so cool. The bed is high and big, there's a kitchen, tv, iron, sala, office table, a shower and tub. Yummy!

Next, we got to have a short tour of the nearest mall to our apartments - the pavilion. We ate at a non-halal Chinese/dimsun place where the food tastes good, especially the vinegar used to dip the dimsun in (tastes like my favorite Ilocos vinegar or basi) and the surprisingly good tofu topped with what something like seaweed.

Last stop is our trip to the grocery for our food supply - Mercato. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it. And they're products looks yummy and the produce fresh, some of which are new to me! Just couldn't take a picture though coz it might be frowned upon. Anyways, I love the store! Bought myself some grapes, pears (I miss this variety - used to eat them everyday at Stavanger), chocolate, bread and water :)

Just another reflection - walking towards the mall, I felt like I was just in Makati, I couldn't stop and gaze up the tall buildings (I saw the Petronas Towers, by the way). It's a new place, but it's also really Asian in feel. If given a chance, I can live here.


No comments:

Post a Comment