Wednesday, December 1, 2010

the grace of waiting

i took a tricycle ride on my way out of the subdivision. upon arrival at the entrance, i hopped off the tricycle and proceeded to get my purse to pay the driver. but my purse wouldn't come to my hands (accio, purse!) and i had to rummage through my "deep" bag for that small purse. so i said to the driver,

"kuya, wait lang (brod, please wait)."

and he said with a smile, "it's alright as long as you won't take the whole day."

that made me smile -- what a patient man!

*****

i went to the grocery today to pick up some stuff and when i reached the check-out counter, i noticed that i picked up more than what i planned. it took three packages to put in all the stuff and i had to carry them all on my ride home in a jeepney. as i was about to leave the jeep, i asked the driver to wait, because i could not possibly be fast enough in getting down. i was carrying three packages and my laptop bag. the driver then said to me, "okay, take your time." again, that made me smile.

*****

i took a tricycle ride going to our apartment carrying my three packages and laptop bag. when i arrived at our gate, i had to ask the driver to wait because i had to get out of the vehicle first before picking up my stuff. he didn't say anything but he proceeded to pick up my packages and handed it over to me.

what a nice reminder of patience! i like!

No comments:

Post a Comment