Thursday, November 7, 2013

calamansi muffin

A friend requested that I make a calamansi muffin, which she really loves after tasting the one from Boracay. As I've never been to Boracay in years and that shop was not even around when I went there, I got curious. Also, I've tasted one before, made by a friend's sister, and it really tastes good. I looked up on the internet lots of calamansi recipe, until I found one which looks really good. It also says that they "hacked" the Boracay recipe into a 95% "hackurracy."

It was pretty simple to make although one needs to be prepared for crinkly fingers after squeezing a lot of calamansi. The calamansi muffin turned out well but it cracked on top unlike the picture shown in the original blog. It is also dense and as recommended, it should be enjoyed with coffee.

I also followed some suggestions online, and my friend, to glaze the top of the muffin. So I used powdered sugar and calamansi juice and made glaze out of it. It turned out well, too!

Note: To make sure that I don't burn my muffins, I make sure that I set the alarm at half the time it takes to bake these things and check or turn it around to even the baking process at both sides of the pan.


Thank you to Pepper.ph for the recipe!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 pcs eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup calamansi

Procedure

  1. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  2. Mix together milk and calamansi in a bowl, set aside.
  3. Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
  5. Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
  6. Mix until well blended, don’t over mix.
  7. Scoop in non stick muffin pans.
  8. Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 18-23 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment