Sunday, October 20, 2013

corn muffin time

I found this website with what looks like a very good recipe for corn bread. It just took me a while to bake it because I had a hard time looking for one of its ingredients - cornmeal. I went to the supermarket and all I found was corn starch which the product guy vehemently pointed to me was totally different from a corn meal. I went home to my hometown and while accompanying my mother to the market, looked for cornmeal, too, but there was none. A few weeks after, I finally found a shop that's selling it but I had to go back in a few weeks' time since they ran out of stock. Fortunately, there was some cornmeal by the time I went back. So here it is, my corn muffin.

It tasted good however, the inside was a bit soggy, owing to the fact that I did not put in fresh corn but instead, I put in a cream style corn. It was yummier but a little wet, and when it cooled, the muffin deflated. I am going to try this again with the kernel.

---- update 11 November ----

I made the muffin again but this one is less better than the first one. I think I put muffins in a too hot oven and the grainier corn bits in the corn meal did not cook well. Next time, I'm gonna make it perfect!

----

Thank you to Ms. Connie of Casa Veneracion website for the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment