Sunday, March 18, 2012

taking a break

posted 21/3/12

I met with a long time college friend a couple of days ago in the university park grounds while she and her daughter were having a picnic. They laid down a mat and brought some games and foods, just like what I did a couple of years back during my birthday. While I was there, I thought to myself that this was something I've missed out on since that long time ago picnic. It's a nice thing to do, taking a break to just enjoy the sun once every week. I could be outside and just be able to enjoy the trees, the grass, the sun and the breeze. And so, I made a conscious decision that as much as possible, I would do this, even if I'm alone. One day a week outside should do the trick in keeping away the stress of the week, don't you think?

So this Sunday, I invited my thesis buddy N+Z to come and join me on my day-off at the park grounds after our respective churches' service. I'm glad she was excited and was willing to just let down and enjoy the day there. She brought along her camera and this was how the day had been -- until it rained...

 At the University Lagoon. Photo credit: Zoantharia

No comments:

Post a Comment