Thursday, February 17, 2011

Php500

last friday, i got lucky and picked up a Php500 bill...

okay, actually, it was not me who found it but a lady who was behind me at the taxi queue. she tapped me at the shoulder and asked if the bill on the floor was mine. i know that i only had a hundred in my body at that time, enough for the taxi ride, so it couldn't possibly be mine. i picked the money up and told her that it should be hers since she found it and for sure, nobody will come look for it anymore especially in that busy area, but she didn't want the money. well, i insisted that she get it but she was adamant. i then offered it to her son but to my amazement, the child had a very high EQ! kudos to the parents! he didn't want the money either - even when i bribed him that he could buy anything he wants with that money!

anyway, at this time, i was the second in line in the queue and since the lady wouldn't take it, i faced the lady in front of me and asked if the money was hers. she didn't even look and just said, 'that's not mine' and left. so now, i was left with the money that nobody wanted to take and my taxi was finally there. i insisted one last time for the lady to take the money but she didn't want it so i told her:

'okay, since nobody wants it and i'm really sure no one's going to come looking for it, i'm taking this money. i hope that is alright with you.' she didn't have any objects so i got in the cab with the money. in exchange for what i gained, i gave the taxi driver my whole hundred dollar bill. :)

 *****

today, i bought a bathroom cleaner, bread and dinner with that money. thank you, Lord, for providing for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment